Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Introducing me and my life

Hi. I'm Rachel. I'm a 22 year old Jewish girl who is single, unemployed, and living with my parents in suburban Massachusetts. I've got a non-verbal learning disability, which is basically the same thing as Asperger's except I talked earlier. According to my mother, I was speaking full sentences at 21 months.

I'm currently sitting in a Honda dealership waiting for my car to finish being serviced. That's right, I forgot to tell you, I am the owner of a 2006 Honda Civic, which basically my parents are paying for, although I did provide the down payment out of savings bonds. See, my grandparents gave me a car for my 18th birthday, but when I was in college (no, I am not a college graduate, I was there less than 3 semesters) I totaled it.

I am currently working on moving out of my parents' house. I'm thinking of moving into a group home. One of my therapists (I have 3 therapists) thinks its a good idea and talked me into it. I don't know much about group homes yet, but I'm looking into them. Hopefully by this time next year I will have moved out.

No comments: