Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update on me and some celebrity gossip.

Hi. I'm back. First off, I would like to say that I am almost completely recovered from my gall bladder surgery. Sure, the surgery was laparoscopic, but there were some unexpected complications. But anyway, I'm better now. My husband has been amazing throughout all of this.

During my recovery, I got really into How I Met Your Mother. I admit to seeing the show before, but I was not a regular viewer. Now, however, I am not only a regular viewer of the show, but I own the first four seasons on DVD. The DVDs were a gift from my husband when he wanted to cheer me up during a particularly bad bout of illness do to my surgery. Anyway, my favorite character on the show is Barney Stinson, played by Neil Patrick Harris. I gotta say, Neil Patrick Harris is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also loved his musical number on the Emmys. I like him even better now than I did when he was Doogie Howser. I was not particularly fond of him in the Harold and Kumar movies, but that was not his fault. The problem was that I'm not a fan of stoner movies and those movies fell within that category. It doesn't matter how brilliant the actor is, if the script sucks, then, well, it sucks.

Oh, speaking of the Emmys and Neil Patrick Harris, I read somewhere, I can't remember where, that a couple days after the Emmys, that Jon Cryer said something along the lines that gay actors should remain closeted so that their performances are believable. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Think about the definition of the word actor. An actor is someone who pretends to be someone else. If an actor does his/her job well, his/her own sexual orientation has absolutely NOTHING to do with his/her believability when they are in character. Take Neil Patrick Harris, for example. I think Neil Patrick Harris is VERY believable as Barney. Jon Cryer is now on my shit list.

Oh, and speaking of gay actors, I caught the Ellen Degeneres show yesterday. T. R. Knight was on promoting this play that he is currently in. Anyway, the subject of babies came up, and apparently T. R. Knight wants one. On the surface, I support this. I mean, T. R. is 36 years old, probably has a good chunk of change saved up from his stint on Grey's Anatomy, and does not smoke. So what's my problem with this? Well, his boyfriend is only 21 years old and still in college! I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't really care who T. R. Knight dates. As long as he's happy, I'm happy. But his boyfriend, Mark Cornelsen, I believe his name is, is still very young. Now, having never met the guy, I can't say anything for certain, but I'm guessing that Mark might like to enjoy clubbing and drinking and partying a bit before settling down and having a family. Now, that's just my guess and I could be way off base. I just hope that T. R. Knight talked all this over with Mark before going on national TV and saying that he wants a baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOOOhhh...I'm coming back to your site for more gay gossip. I had no idea about Jon Cryer. I hope that's not true, but if it is what a loser.